Plastic gift cards are vulnerable. They’re small, sleek, and difficult to keep track of. They can easily be swiped from pockets or slipped from purses when you’re not paying attention. The worst part? It’s near next to impossible to recover your lost or stolen gift card…once they’re gone, they’re gone.
The problem with plastic gift cards
Gift cards are steadily growing in popularity and there’s no sign of them slowing down. They’re a great way to give the people you love the freedom to pick their own gift.
Giving plastic gift cards does however come with a few risks:
- They’re easy to lose: There is no greater pain than that of losing a gift card. That’s because they’re incredibly challenging to get back. Unlike losing a credit card, there’s no easy way of recovering the money on your lost card.
- And hard to trace: Gift cards are more like cash then credit cards. It’s about as easy to get back a gift card you dropped on the ground as it is a 5-dollar bill.
- They can be used by anyone: Most gift cards don’t have registered users, meaning they can be used by just about anyone. If someone finds your lost gift card on the street, they can use it just as easily as you can.
- They are not always protected: Many retailers don’t offer any protection against theft or loss. In the event that your gift card has been stolen, there’s very little you can really do about it.
- They’re susceptible to scammers: People can take photos of the barcodes and PIN numbers of unloaded gift cards at the store and wait for them to become active. They can then take that information and spend your money online. Your gift card money could be spent before you even have the chance to take it to a store.
Gift cards are inherently easy to lose, and it’s likely cost you once or twice. That’s why we created a better way to buy gift cards to use at the places you love.
Introducing a secure solution
Digital gift cards are far more secure than plastic gift cards, and Moola is the most secure of all. Here at Moola, we go the extra mile to ensure that your gift cards don’t fall into the wrong hands.
Security is what we do
Moola is the brain child of Sky Global, the leader in private communications since 2010, so we know a thing or two about security. We’ve made it our mission to ensure that your privacy is respected, and your data is never compromised.
For your use only
Unlike plastic gift cards, you’re the only one who has access to your Moola wallet. We achieve this by giving you the option to set up additional security features that are required every time you open the Moola app. Choose from one of three additional security measures – whichever one you choose is entirely up to you:
- Biometrics: Depending on what’s available on your device, you can choose Facial recognition or Touch ID as an additional security feature. You won’t be able to even look at what’s in your Moola wallet without a biometric, making your wallet exclusively yours.
- Passcode: Your Moola passcode is a 4-digit code of your choosing. The numbers are self scrambling, meaning every time you open the app, your passcode will create a different number pattern. This ensures no one looking over your shoulder can get in to your Moola account.
Moola gives you the freedom to be as secure as you want to be. Biometrics and Passcodes help us protect you and your money so you can rest easy. As long as your gift cards are in the Moola app, they’re out of harm’s way.
Easy to keep track of
We’re willing to bet you’re a lot more likely to notice you dropped your phone than you are a gift card. The good news is, as long as you have your phone, you have Moola and all of your gift cards right at your fingertips. Never worry about dropping a plastic gift card ever again!
Backed up securely
No need to panic if you do lose your phone, however. Life happens and we get that. That’s why we back up all your gift cards on your Moola account to make them accessible to you from any device. All you need to do is log in to your Moola account or linked Facebook or Google account on your new device and you’re good to go.
Encrypted and protected
Encryption is an essential part of what we do here at Moola. We use the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to guarantee that no one other than yourself has access to your information. The way we do this is simple:
- First, your data is translated into a code: Encryption takes your data and turns it in to a code. This hides your information from outside sources.
- The code is then sent to our servers: If anyone interferes with your data here, they won’t be able to understand the information. That’s what makes encryption so useful for security.
- Only our servers can unscramble the code: Our servers can then receive the code, unlock it, and make sense of your information. All this while keeping your data out of harm’s way.
Encryption allows us to give you the most secure shopping experience ever. This way, you can be sure that your gift cards are safer in Moola than they are in your wallet.
We worry about security, so you don’t have to
Plastic gift cards are a gamble and we’re not betting on them any time soon. When there’s a more secure way of buying and storing gift cards, why wouldn’t you choose it? With Moola you can buy gift cards and store them in the app with greater peace of mind. You can trust us to protect your information because protecting your information is what we do best.
So what are you waiting for? Download Moola today!