In the setting of Sawmill Creek Valley, Glenerin was built by lawyer, Watson Evans, in 1927 as a summer estate. He would entertain his Toronto society friends there with gala balls and parties. A grand music room and tower were added in 1929.
In the years to follow, the property had various uses including a girls school during WWII, an employee rest home for the Robert Simpson Company and Art Gallery.
Glenerin is now a fine inn, reminiscent of an English manor with fine dining, spa and event hosting facilities onsite.