Feeling stir crazy and a bit wanderlust? You’re not alone.
I think we can all agree that a vacation is much needed right about now. And with various provinces across Canada beginning to safely reopen, domestic travel may be closer than you think.
If you’re looking to plan a future getaway (or just want to daydream about being on an airplane again), then we’ve got the list for you.
Right now, when you spend $100 on a gift card to any one of these delightful Canadian travel destinations, we’ll give you a $10 bonus on us.
Here are 9 destinations to check out on your next Canadian travel adventure.
The Falls Inn & Spa
Location: Walter’s Falls, Ontario
Amenities: Trails, Winter Sports On-Site
Best If: You’re looking to escape the city and be secluded by nature
The best part about this boutique resort is that every one of the 14 guestrooms has a private balcony facing a 45 foot waterfall. The beautiful falls and the expansive trees make this the perfect place to unwind for a weekend and completely forget about answering any emails.
Book yourself a trip to the spa and enjoy an organic coffee body scrub, an aromatherapy massage, or an anti-aging facial and you have yourself the ultimate weekend of relaxation.
Kicking Horse Lodging
Location: Golden, British Columbia
Amenities: Hot Tub, Sauna, Fitness Centre
Best If: You want to ski, hike, and explore mountainous terrain
Whether you want to ski in the winter or hike in the summer, Kicking Horse is the place to be. A beautiful resort surrounded by mountains, it has been named one of the best alpine resorts in North America.
They offer three unique accommodation options, each with it’s own charm:
- The Glacier Mountaineer Lodge: located in the heart of the mountain village, you’ll be walking distance to restaurants and café
- Palliser Lodge: with ski-in/ski-out access at your doorstep, you’ll be able to enjoy the mountain with ease. After a long day, kick back and relax in your private hot tub.
- Vacation Homes: If you’ll be travelling with a large group, this is the option for you. Complete with kitchen, living rooms, and private hot tubs. The hardest part will be leaving the house.
With plenty to do in the Summer, Kicking Horse will make all your Canadian travel dreams come true.
Location: Port Severn, Ontario
Amenities: Outdoor Pool, Pet Friendly, Fitness Centre, Trails, Cycling, Winter Sports On-Site
Best If: You’re looking for luxury, exclusivity, and a weekend of serenity
What’s not to love about this luxurious waterfront resort? There’s a marina-side piano bar with live music and cocktails, a spa with every kind of massage you can imagine, and pet-friendly lofts that sit right on the water.
Enjoy your meals on the waterside patio or in the private dining room, if you’re looking for something more intimate. And don’t forget to treat yourself to a 2.5 hour mani pedi, complete with a warm Paraffin wax bath, hand and arm scrub, and hot towel treatment.
Sterling Inn & Spa
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Amenities: Trails, Fitness Centre
Best If: You’re looking for a romantic getaway with your significant other
With its contemporary design and award-winning restaurant, Sterling Inn & Spa is ideal for any couple looking to get out of the house for a bit. Guests are treated to complimentary breakfast in bed every morning, so you don’t have to worry about anything other than enjoying yourself.
Visit the spa for a couples’ massage or a chocolate covered strawberry scrub, a treatment involving an exfoliating strawberry scrub and drizzling of chocolate all over your body. Or you can go all-out with “The Experience” Package where you’ll be:
- Picked up from your home (or the airport) with champagne waiting for you
- Given flowers and chocolate covered strawberries at the hotel
- Treated to three course dinners for two each night, complete with wine pairings
- Gifted a couples’ massage
- Driven back to your destination while sipping mimosas
Ready to be pampered?
Grand Rockies Resort
Location: Canmore, Alberta
Amenities: Indoor Pool, Outdoor and Indoor Hot Tub, Waterslide, Fitness Centre
Best If: You’re looking for an adventure for the whole family
Chances are, the kids are eager to get out of the house by now as well. Take the family to this beautiful resort in the Canadian Rockies and everyone will be entertained. There’s the 3-storey waterslide for the kiddos, the indoor hot tub for the adults, and endless amounts of outdoor activities for the whole family.
Feeling adventurous? Book an excursion for white water rafting on the Canadian Rockies or opt for a Canmore cave tour where you can explore alpine caves under Grotto Mountain. There’s also dog sledding, cross country skiing, and helicopter tour over Banff National Park.
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Location: London, Ontario
Amenities: Cycling, Trails, Fitness Centre
Best If: Your ideal vacation involves eating as much as you can
This mansion turned hotel is a beautiful piece of history equipped with modern amenities. It’s a popular destination for weddings, conferences, and weekend trips out of the city.
If you want a weekend itinerary packed full of food, wine, and more food, choose one of these three overnight packages:
- Oxford County Cheese Trail Package: includes overnight accommodations as well as local artisan chocolate, gourmet cheese, and sparkling wine. Not to mention, buffet breakfast for two in the morning.
- Savour Package: Looking for a three-course meal specially curated by the chef? Choose this package for an overnight stay and an unforgettable dining experience.
- Prime Time Sunday: Make Mondays better with a Sunday night prime rib and pasta buffet, followed by a Monday morning all-you-can-eat breakfast bar.
Keep your stomachs full and your wallets fuller with the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa.
The Royal Kelowna
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Amenities: Pool, Hot Tub, Steam Room, Fitness Room, Gaming Casino
Best If: You’re looking for an all-in-one resort
Staying at The Royal Kelowna means you never have to leave the hotel. All suites are equipped with full gourmet kitchens, washers and dryers, fireplaces, and patios for outdoor entertainment. Spend your days bopping between the rooftop infinity pool, hot tub, and steam rooms before settling in for an evening of barbequing on the roof.
Of course if you do want to leave the hotel, you’re minutes away from all that downtown Kelowna has to offer. That means minutes away from restaurants, beaches, and live outdoor entertainment on the weekends.
And don’t forget about the world-famous Okanagan wineries and the legendary Okanagan Lake.
Solara Resort & Spa
Location: Canmore, Alberta
Amenities: Hot Tub, Relaxation Pool, Fitness Centre, Theatre, Complimentary Bikes, Pet-friendly
Best If: You need a wellness weekend full of relaxation
It’s safe to say that we’ve all been feeling more stressed out than usual. Unwind and relax by the beautiful Canadian Rockies at Solara Resort & Spa, an award-winning wellness resort in Alberta.
Everything about your accommodation is designed with your wellbeing in mind, from blackout blinds to bathrobes to multi-jet massage showers in every room. Recharge in your room before heading over to the spa for a full day of relaxation.
Here are just a few of the services you can get at the One Wellness Spa:
- Massage: Opt for a traditional personalized massage or try something new, like a salt glow body massage, complete with a thermal wrap and scalp massage. There’s also prenatal massages offered to help those moms-to-be relax.
- Reiki: Balance the energies of mind, body, and spirit with a healing reiki session. This ancient technique has been used to ease tension, relax the mind, and promote overall wellness within the body.
- Cupping: Cupping is a practice used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to alleviate aches and pains in the body. It promotes healing, reduces stress, and increases blood flow and circulation in certain parts of the body.
- Facials and Dermaplaning: Pamper your skin with a collagen fusion facial, a detox & glow treatment, or a hydrating and plumping facial to moisturize the skin. Or you can try Dermaplaning — a modern skin rejuvenation process that can reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Solara Resort & Spa is the ideal Canadian travel destination if you really want to treat yourself.
The Beach Club Resort
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Amenities: Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Centre
Best If: You want to spend your days laying and playing on the beach
Located on the world-famous Parksville beach, this resort is perfect if you’re looking to lounge on the beach all day. The hardest decision you’ll have to make is whether you want to swim in the ocean or the seaside pool and hot tub (we recommend alternating between the two).
When the day is done, head over to the beachfront patio and enjoy a delicious west-coast inspired meal and an incredible view of the ocean and the mountains. You can also head inside for a deep cleansing facial or seaweed wrap at the spa if that suits you better.
Ready to Book Your Next Canadian Travel Adventure?
Travel may seem like a distant memory to you right now, but don’t let that get you down. Start planning for your next Canadian vacation and you’ll be travelling again in no time.
As a part of our #MoolaCares campaign, when you buy a $100 gift card from Moola we’ll give you $10 on us.