Something about the start of Fall that always has us feeling super motivated. Goodbye, lazy summer days spent picnicking outside, hello label makers, and color-coded daily planners. If you’re a stationary lover like we are, you’re probably hunting for the best day planner to keep yourself organized for the year ahead.
They say crushing your goals is equal parts dedication and motivation. A great agenda and a 24-pack of pens can help with both of those things. Sure, your Google Calendar is handy, but writing things down helps you remember things better
Daily planners are fun to fill out, they keep you on track, and most importantly, they get you super excited to do all of the things.
Table of Contents
- What are the different types of planners?
- What are the best day-to-day planners?
- Our top picks for day-to-day planners
What are the different types of planners?
There are lots of different kinds of planners available on the market. The ideal one for you depends on your goals and needs.
The most common planners you’ll find our monthly, weekly, and day-to-day planners. However, there are also planners that help you track your fitness routines, household chores, goals, and so on. Most people find daily planners to be the most useful because they help you break down your to-do list on a day-to-day basis.
However, if you’re more of a visual person and you like seeing the big picture, a monthly planner may be a better fit for you. And if you have super specific goals, you can find a customized specialty planner to fit those needs.
What are the best day planners?
They say the best form of exercise is the one you do consistently. The same can be said about planners – the best day-to-day planner is the one that you actually use. There are a few things that separate the good from the great, however.
Look for these things when picking a day planner:
- A monthly calendar layout for each month so you can get a visual idea of your tasks
- A notes section on each page for you to jot things down quickly
- A section for each day that is big enough to write things down (this is very important!)
- A dedicated place for you to keep track of your goals on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis
- A section for tasks that you can check off as you complete
Choose a day-to-day planner with these things when doing your back-to-school shopping and you’ll be in a good place.
In need of some inspiration?
Check out our list below to get you motivated to crush your 2021 goals!
Our top picks for best day planners for back-to-school 2021
Panda Planner is a fan favorite in the hard-core planner world. This is because they take a scientific approach to productivity and happiness, as inspired by their founder’s research in positive psychology and neuroscience.
What makes this Panda Planner unique?
- Comes with free eBooks and a video mini-course to help you be more productive on the day-to-day
- Includes morning gratitude and nightly reflection section each day to help you connect with all the amazing things in your life.
- Has a monthly habit tracking section to help you stay on track
If you like big, beautiful stickers and impressive typography, Bloom planners may be the choice for you. Their planners are full of pretty colors and cute fonts, and their add-on sticker packs make organizing your life a lot more fun.
What makes Bloom Planner great?
- Includes life coaching worksheets and inspirational features to help motivate you to achieve your goals
- It’s an academic planner so it’s perfect for going back to school in 2021
- Breaks down each week with a “weekly priorities” section to help you tackle the most important things on your to-do list first
Clever Fox planners are all about lightweight, easy-to-use, and guaranteed to work for you or your money back. They offer many different kinds of planners including day-to-day, medical planners, food journals, gratitude journals, and more.
What makes Clever Fox Planner unique?
- Includes a vision board and an awareness, gratitude, and self-discovery section to keep you on the path of personal growth
- Has an intelligent layout – all monthly calendars are in the front of the book, followed by separate weekly spreads including a week in review sheet and a page for each day
- Dot grids are included in the back for creative doodling or bullet journaling
Blue Sky offers planners in every shape, format, and design print imaginable. They have collaborations with lots of other brands including Barbie to bring you uniquely designed planners that you can’t find anywhere else.
What makes Blue Sky Planner unique?
- A detailed planner that is both aesthetically pleasing and ultra-organized
- Includes an “on fire” section and “today’s top three” where you can mark down tasks that require your immediate attention for the day, helping you to prioritize
- Plenty of space in the daily section broken down by time to help you map out your day to a T
Get ready to knock every one of your goals out of the park this year with the ultimate planner for productivity. This planner is truly designed with performance in mind and every section is tried, tested, and intentional.
What makes the High Performance Planner unique?
- Divided into four sections: daily, weekly, monthly review, and monthly preparation
- Weekly pages feature “whole life assessment” and “high-performance habits assessment” where you reflect on all major areas of life including family, health, finances, and learning
- Daily pages include 10 questions to ask yourself every morning to put you in a productive mindset, as well as 6 questions to ask yourself every night to reflect on the day
Sometimes the best things are the simplest. Simplify your life to streamline productivity with the help of this handy little day-to-day planner. It even comes with an entire section on how to make your life more…simple.
What makes Simplified by Emily Ley planner unique?
- A section in the front of the planner that outlines how to live a simple life as well as the 30-day simplicity challenge
- A one page per day layout with a breakdown from 6 am to 9 pm so you can clearly see exactly what you need to get done that day
- Access to a video library of coaching material by Emily to learn how you can get the most out of your daily planner
Nomatic planners are “designed to improve your life”. These small but mighty planners have everything you need to be successful including a goal planning section, a monthly calendar view, and pages that lay completely flat on a table (more important than you realize!)
What makes Nomatic planner unique?
- Includes whiteboard paper for quick notes that you can erase
- Designed for functionality with dual elastic bands, a pen holder, and an expandable back pocket for sticking loose odds and ends
- It’s clear, easy to understand, and has an intuitive layout with to-do lists and goal mapping to boot
Crush your 2021/22 back-to-school goals with the best day planners
Organization is the cornerstone of success. Getting yourself organized is a great step towards living your best life. Plan ahead with your finances too and save money with Moola, Canada’s favorite money-saving app. Plan your purchases, buy your gift cards at a discount and watch the savings add up on your everyday purchases. Download Moola now.